How can I buy a copy of Dreamwalker?
Please Sign up for the mailing list to receive latest news. And please read the updates when you get them! You can also stay posted on my blog where I also post latest news. Or simply shoot me an email at email@example.com, I’ll be happy to answer questions you may have. You can order through my Big Cartel store.
Are you selling any more books online?
Yes I am currently opening up sales again Between Wednesday, November 28, 2012 – Sunday, December 9, 2012 to receive them by the week of December 17. After that orders will be closed for a while.
How long have you been exhibiting Dreamwalker at Comic-Cons?
Since 2010. Seattle Emerald City 2012 is my 5th Comicon, I’ve done WonderCon 2011 and APE 2010 in San Francisco, and San Diego Comicon for the last two years 2010 and 2011.
What type of materials do you use?
Canson Smooth Bristol Board Paper 9×12 size, inking pens, india ink or Holbein ink, I also use Pentel Pocket brush pen, and micron pens.
What is your process?
I draw small thumbnails and make notes, then I find picture references, then I sketch out onto the Bristol board paper with a prisma colored pencil in light purple or blue. Then I ink the page, scan and clean up in Photoshop. I adjust the Levels to make the blacks look more vibrant for printing and I save the file as a flattened Tiff to place in InDesign to layout the pages. Tiff files are for printing. If you’re doing your art on a 9×12 size paper, you will be reducing your pages to a proportionate size for the book. For Dreamwalker I chose 6.5 x 8.5. Make sure that whatever size you decide to draw on, that it will reduce proportionately to the size of book you want.
What’s included in the 2nd Edition Printing?
- The 2nd edition will include a “behind the comic” insight on development and characters not included in the original graphic novel. 130 pages, Glossy front and back cover.
- Original 52 Pages of Dreamwalker Graphic Novel
- Process sketches and development for the graphic novel as well as character sketches from 2009 to 2011.
- Thesis work from the Academy of Art University and Storyboards.
- Be the first to read a short 8-page excerpt from the Novel adaptation.
Some Concept art and drawings included in this 2nd Edition along with a ton more drawings not shown here!