I’m sure there are many more out there, but here is a list that I thought was interesting. Source here.
Interesting Dream Facts:
- Every human dreams. There are tons of people who can’t remember their dreams when they wake up, but they still get them
- Human beings spend roughly around 6 years of their lifetime dreaming
- Sometimes we dream outside of our REM sleep (Rapid Eye Movement)
- Thousands of years ago, the Egyptians were the first to create a dream dictionary in 4000 B.C.E
- We roughly spend around 1/3 of our lives sleeping
- People who suffer from a personality disorder lack dream activity
- Our brains tend to be way more active when we sleep, than when we’re awake
- Humans tend to have around 3 to 7 dreams a night. We dream around 2 to 3 hours in a whole night
- 90% of the dream is lost the first minute we wake up
- Drug withdrawal can cause more intense dreams. People who also quit alcohol and smoking experience heavier dreams and nightmares
- You can lucid dream for up to 30 minutes if trained properly
- It’s impossible to dream when you’re snoring
- People who experience Sleep Paralysis hear voices and see strangers in their rooms
- Nightmares happen more to kids than adults
- Blind people dream. Their dreams are auditory if they were born blind. If they became blind at an early age, they still dream of what they remember
- Your body burns more calories sleeping than it does in the day time
- Information that we learn before we go to bed tends to stick with us longer than information any other time
- If you avoid your sleep for more than 10 days, you will die
- Most dreams are based on visual images (Except in people who were either born blind, or who lost their sight at an early age). Occasionally, dreams will include sound and touch.
- The normal rules of logic do not apply in dreams. For example, the dream may be taking place in one location – then, abruptly, the dreamer is translocated to a completely different place.